Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl Dish!

Chili Cornbread Casserole


This is something that can easy be made to feed a crowd or just a few.  I found this recipe at frugalfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com, while I was planning our meals for the week.  I have never tried a chili casserole, but I Love cornbread & when I mentioned the title to my husband he seemed pretty excited. So, this is what I made last night and everyone gave it two thumbs up:))This would be a great Super Bowl Dish!

Chili Cornbread Casserole

1/4 lb ground beef or Turkey ( I used 1 lb)
1 pack taco seasoning mix ( I only used 1/2)
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 can Hormel Chili w/o beans
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 package (7 or 8oz.) cornbread mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk

Steps

1. Brown ground beef or Turkey in a large skillet and drain. 
   Add taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce and Chili.
2. Place in a casserole dish and top with shredded cheese.
3. Make cornbread mix using the one egg and 1/3 cup of milk
    and pour on top of the beef mixture.
4. Bake @ 350  for 20 minutes or until the cornbread is golden brown.

I served this with cucumber & tomato salad, sour cream, and guacamole dip.

Guacamole Dip
* There are no exact measurements to this, I just add a little & taste:))
2 Avocado's
Lemon  & Lime Juice
Salt
~Just a Little Note~
I dislike canned Chili, but it tasted great in the dish.

I hope you enjoy!




2 comments: