This year was our 1st Annual Valentine's Bash and it was a hit! We made Semi-Homemade Valentines, Reese's stuffed cookies (special surprise from Ana to her Daddy), Heart thumbprints, Two toned cookies and decorated heart shaped sugar cookies and oreo truffles.
We made Semi-homemade cards, because while shopping Ana spotted Spiderman & Princess Cards (Which are two of her favorite things right now)considering each were only $1, I bought both. I didn't want her to miss out on all the fun of making cards, so I cut the perfferated edges of the cards and they were used to decorate the cards she made.
Things we used:
Store bought cards
Valentine themed paper
Paint, Crayons, & Markers
*Then I cut, Ana tore & ripped paper to glue to the cards, Tearing tissue paper to shreads was lots of fun for her.
Reese's Stuffed Heart Cookie
Ana & I made these just for Ben...They are really easy & come out great.
1. Cut 2 heart shapes out of rolled sugar cookie dough
2. Place Reese's Cup in the middle of 1 of the heart cutout's
3. Place another cutout heart onto of the on with the Reese's & smash the edges with a fork
4. Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes
Heart Thumbprint cookie
1. After cutting a heart shape, press thumb into each side of the heart
2. Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes
3. After cooling spread Jam in the thumbprint holes
Two toned heart cookies
1. Roll two balls of Sugar Cookie dough
2. Using a toothpick to spread food coloring into each ball (remember each ball a different color
3. Roll dough thin, cutout two different sized hearts in each color
4. Place a small heart form one color into a larger heart of another color
5. Bake at 250 for 10-12 minutes
Heart Thumbprint Cookie & Two Toned Cookie
Oreo Heart Truffles & Pop's
1. Crush a pack of Oreo's or place in food processor
2. Mix a bar of Cream Cheese
3. Shape into hearts, then place in freezer for a few minutes
4. Dip into chocolate & decorate with sprinkles
Transform the truffles into Pop's by incerting lollip pop sticks or wood skewer before dipping into chocolate